Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dumb Bumb*

I hope I don't jinx it but Ollie has been so great lately and I think it is mainly due to me making two very obvious and embarrassing (that they were required) changes. Somewhere along the way I got lazy and started giving Ollie only one side per feeding (sorry to any guys out there reading this who feel that is too much information). Additionally, I always hoped Ollie would take a nap and fall asleep but I never made an effort to get him to sleep.

Amazingly when Ollie eats a full meal and I help him take 3 (usually short, but still) naps he is just a joy. Who would have thought being fully fed and well rested would make one more pleasant to be around? Its a strange world we live in.

So there's my confession and yay for a cute happy baby all week! :)

*Remember when Ryan Meadows would spell "bum" "bumb" and now I am always confused as to whether there is a silent "b" and I have to think about it for a minute every time. So basically anytime I write the word "bum" I think of Ryan and WQ 2.
**Also, anytime I hear the word "pavilion" I think of Leanna and her calling it a "pav-ah-lon". I don't remember if she did this ironically, or because she thought it was actually called "pav-ah-lon", but I chose to remember the latter.
***Also, on a completely random note, Niki and her fellow came out this last weekend and we got to hang out and eat bajio and make fun of each other like old times and it was great and her chap was great and maybe I will post a list of ridiculous things I did as an adolescent one day.

ok, the end.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I'm glad that is better. naps are always a pain... I wasn't so good at having mill do it on her own so I rocked her to sleep till she was like 11 months. whew... bad.

Whitney said...

oh yeah, and we called it a pav-uh-lon too b/c that's what the brits (sarah and em) called them. I wonder why you know how ryan spells bum?