Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hobby Lobby

I love the Hobby Lobby! Could very possibly replace Target as my new favorite store. I walked down one aisle and bought 5 things. I wanted at least twice that many. I settled on 2 planes for Ollie's room ($9 and $3.50) and 3 dollhouse items: coat stand, teddy bear and gun set for $1-$3 bucks each.


They also had some way sweet dollhouses that were on display. When I was paying I asked the cashier if they had staff that would put together the dollhouse kits and all of a sudden I was bombarded with dollhouse lovers. The half mexican (i'm guessing...) dude that was about my age said he built all of them on display, and then some random black lady from the line next to me started showing us cell phone pictures of the dollhouse boxes she builds and the miniature trade shows she attends, and some random large white woman in her 40s joins in as well. We had a grand time discussing dollhouse models and brands and which ones could be wired etc.

Ah the random joys of nerdiness.

And just for fun, here's an old pic of me and my dollhouse...



2 comments:

Ashlie Dalton said...

so, did cole ever do any permanent damage to your doll house?? sorry if he did...

i've never even been to hobby lobby before. maybe i should go.

and olliver's cheeks are the cutest soggiest things ever. those bathtub pics are so cute.
when it ever gets warm here we should do a lunch/pool thing with our kiddos.

Whitney said...

ha ha! now you got hookups!!! but I didn't know utah had hobby lobby? just don't try to return anything there. (don't get me started on that but I had an idiotic experience where they wouldn't return my item because I didn't have a Drivers Lisence etc.etc. so then I was like, so if I was a 15 yr. old you wouldn't return anything for me? they said "no" et. etc. I'll stop there) but I love the planes!!!