Friday, June 25, 2010

Poor Ollie


Ollie has had it rough the last few days because basically everyone who is supposed to be taking care of him, is lame. :)

So my mom babysat him for a few hours and he got sunburned. (see arms below...this pic makes me laugh cause his expressions is so alarmed.)
Don't worry, Mom, he never seemed to be in pain and Sunny and I both did way lamer things to him...

The that same night, after discovering the sunburn, Sunny propped him up against our bed pillows, turned around for 2 seconds to get his ringing phone behind him and Ollie somehow tipped over and fell OFF the bed and got stuck between the wood bed frame and the wood nightstand just hanging from his chest. It was so sad!

Then today, you'd think we (our rather I) had learned our lessons, Ollie was sitting on the big green chair in this room (just like in this pic from a few months ago).


And i ran to grab his shorts in the other room (so dumb) and come back and somehow he is on his stomach with his legs dangling off of the chair. I have no idea how he got this way since he never even rolls over, but it was SOO lucky I got back when I did and I will never be doing this again...

So there's my confessional of ridiculous care taking. :)

1 comment:

Lorena said...

Yikes! They do all these secret tricks when you are not looking. It is insane!
I will admit to you that Michael fell down my hardwood stairs a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the most horrific moments of my life. He was at my feet one second as I put on my shirt, and the next he crawled faster than he ever has because he was away in the blink of an eye. I realized the gate was not shut (why the need, he was at my feet, not near the stairs, right?) and I gasped in horror at the realization like half a second before the dreaded thuds. It was truly horrific and I was lucky he came out with just a couple bruises. But now I am a safety nazi - closing the gates even when he is asleep in his crib. You really can not be careful enough. And even then they will still find a way....so scary.
I am glad Ollie is okay!