Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Remind Me


I can't believe how quickly you forget (block out) the nuances of life with a newborn.  So Henny is getting close to figuring out how to eat and then go immediately back to sleep during the night. Most nights she has it down, but certainly not all.  She is turning into Ollie though and won't sleep during the day. Today she woke up and ate at 6, went back to sleep from 7:30 - 9:00. Then slept in the car seat from 10:30 - 12:30. Then slept for only 45 minutes from 2 - 2:45. and then WOULD NOT go to sleep despite numerous efforts from me. She took like two 20 minute cat naps and now its 8:50 (20 minutes into her 2nd cat nap) and she is threatening to wake up. Why do my children hate sleep? One major difference between Henny and Ollie is that Henny is much less fussy and at least she is mostly happy when she is awake. I am hoping that this day of no naps is the exception and not the rule.

So when did your kids start having 3 regular ish naps, going to sleep between 7 - 9 pm and sleeping until 7-8 am and going to sleep right after they eat? Also, when were you able to stop doing the middle of the night diaper changes? Unfortunately I did not keep good records with Ollie...plus I think he was a bit difficult and I was a bit retarded anyway. :)

And here is Henny and the first boy she held hands with. Everett Mangus. They are 1.5 weeks apart. I give up trying to get the picture to rotate.


And here is a dumb movie that is 23 seconds long and the only thing good about it is how he says "Frosty the Snowman" AKA "Fa Sno Mo". He has to watch Frosty every day...and since I'm nursing he gets to.


And here is a video for my mom of Ollie enjoying his new toy. My mom is doing 12 days of Christmas to the grandkids and Ollie LOVES it. He keeps trying to sneak off and unwrap more presents.




4 comments:

l.k. said...

oh my goodness... your little family is amazingly adorable! congratulations! i stopped doing the middle of the night diaper changes when he was only waking up once in the night to eat (at like 4 weeks). i would put lots of desitin on him bum and powder and then not change it. at about 8 weeks he still was going to bed a little later (like 10:30 or 11), but not waking up until 8:00 or so. i need to start writing all of this down. we want to come visit some time!

Josh and Tiff said...

gosh, I don't remember either. but would you take notes for me so I know what to do when our girls come? haha. that'll make it easier for me :) sorry for the sucky sleeping and hopefully that was just an out of the blue type thing and not an everyday occurrence. If you ever need anything, let me know! I can take her for a few hours if you want some alone time with ollie.

carin t said...

If Henny is going to bed by 9pm already - I don't like you.:) I am not changing Emery in the night anymore (4 weeks sounds about right) but she still struggles to get down before 11 and wakes up at least once a night. It seems like 8 - 10 weeks was the time with my other kids when they could sleep from about 10 - 7am in the morning. Ahh, don't you love the unpredictability of newborn-hood. blah...

Whitney said...

I love that ollie is playing with Hotels, and that you can hear frosty say "happy birthday" in the background. I stopped middle of night diaper changes around 2 months. If he was poopy i'd change him obviously, but that would only happen maybe every other night? We started being able to put him to bed around 8 or 9 around 2.5 months and that is when he started having "3 naps" although 3 naps often means 3 30 min naps as you know, or sometimes it means 2 30 min naps and one 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon... but even some days would be 4 naps up till 4 months- just depending. I went to the dr. today though - for the 4 month check and he said to start with 2 naps a day. that's good. As far as going directly back to sleep, logan thankfully has been pretty good at that, starting around 2-3 weeks. He would still wake up every hour and 50 min-3 hours but would go quickly back to sleep. Now he'll sleep about 5-6 hours. not the greatest but not to bad either i guess. but I hate naps. eek. o