Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Changeling

My little buddy went away when Henny was born and there is a new naughty little bugger in his place. He refuses to eat anything but milk, bread, juice and candy. That includes the super hero vitamins I bought him. It includes fruit and cheese which he used to LOVE. So basically he gets no nutrients. He also refuses to take naps lately but is TIRED and cranky and moody and whiny when he doesn't. His favorite thing to do is make his legs limp and refuse to stand up so he throws tantrums on the pavement in public places and I have to carry him - which i'm not supposed to do yet cause of my c-section - and I can handle picking him up a couple times but wrestling with him and lugging him around everywhere when he weighs 30+ lbs and he's kicking me and I'm trying to get Henny around too gets very tiring. sigh. I'm ready for him to get through this adjustment phase.

He is however adorably funny and creative and smart when he isn't being his naughty alter ego.

4 comments:

Stacey Bacon said...

Oh sad little buddy. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. He really is so adorable. Thank you for making me feel better about the fact that Casey says we will absolutely not have two close together. ( I honestly want to start trying in a couple of months. I must be insane. ;)) Hang in there and if you need a break call me and I'll come hold Henny while you and Ollie go play for a bit. Love ya

BirdieMann said...

Somehow I know this is going to be me and my two little ones in 4 short months. Yikes!

Ashlie Dalton said...

oh man, i'm sorry! it's interesting how every kid deals with it differently. cole just ignored me and it was terrible. it took him about 9 mos to "adjust". very traumatic for me (and all involved of course).
i hope this phase of ollies is short lived.
oh also, we got your christmas card (so cute thanks!) but every time max looks at it he says "ollie sad!". at least that's what luke tells me. i haven't actually seen him look at it yet.

carin t said...

What a bummer. I don't think it matters what age the sibling is when a new brother or sister comes into the picture - there is always an adjustment. Our saying right now is that camryn is nice to the baby, but nasty to everyone else :) she is starting to get back to herself, so hopefully you'll have more of your Ollie back in a few weeks.