Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 12 - Something You are OCD About

Sigh, where do I start...
  • Currently my clothes are color coded in my closet. However, as a way of doing inventory of my clothes and seeing if i actually wear all of them, I now rotate a shirt to the far left when I wear it.
  • Ollie's clothes are on a rotation and i hang everything up on the right, and he wears whatever is on the left.
  • I am watching all of my movies in alphabetical order.
  • I occasionally listen to my cd's in alphabetical order.
  • Ollie's books rotate and we read them in order.
These are just the current systems. In high school I had some really freakish ones but I have tried to overcome them and not be so obsessed...

Also, I have a lot of OCD quirks that involve breathing and blowing and brushing and swallowing and even right now as i am typing i do this weird thing with the ridges on the "j" and "f" keys. I hate some of my OCD things and wish I didn't do them, but I kinda love my OCD systems. They just make life more efficient and organized and fair. :)

5 comments:

Andrea J said...

I think the shirt rotation is a good idea and I'm going to give it a go.

Whitney said...

ha ha, i actually do the cloths rotation too. Not with millie though, just with me :)

Ashlie Dalton said...

i want to hear more about this breathing, blowing, and swallowing thing... what's that?

i like the clothing rotation too.

Josh and Tiff said...

Lol! I am not one to make fun. I have a colored coded closet and had OCD quirks bad in high school...I would have to do everything 8 times. Luckily im over that, haha. I love yours though...at least it's helpful not annoying.

C C & R said...

I love that you have "systems" seriously, the ones you have set up for cleaning your house are awesome too!