So what exactly do you do with newborn? I feel like he sleeps too much during the day and not enough during the night but I dont know how to keep him awake during the day. Any pointers? Does a swing help with this? We have a bouncy chair but no swing and the bouncy chair seems to put him to sleep.
Also, here is one more video just for fun. This is waking up to Ollie.
6 comments:
How could he not be tired, with all that tongue waggling, yawning, stretching, and such? BTW, I think the first 2 weeks are the worst for nighttime sleeplessness; hang in there, it'll get better soon.
i try to keep max awake for at least an hour after i feed him (keep in mind he is 3 months older though, so even 20-30 minutes would be good for ollie).
i love those cute jammies he's wearing!!! i want some for max.
sooooo cute! and I think he kindof looks like you a little bit!
from Lorena:
So cute!
The swing will definitely put him to sleep if the bouncy chair does. But who knows - this week your problem may be that he sleeps too much, but next week your problem may be that he does not sleep enough. Just when you think you have him figured out everything changes.
I highly recommend reading the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child" by Weissbluth. Or "The Baby Whisperer". Good luck!
Welcome to the first 6 weeks of a newborn! Why do you think new moms are always so tired? Seriously the hardest job. To help Ollie set his own Circadian Rhythm faster, make sure you open up all the blinds during the day and do a bedtime routine at night. He needs to see and feel the sunshine to know it's daytime. I also recommend the Healthy Sleep Habits book. Hang in there, you can do it.
I realized I never answered the swing question. I love my swing. Bouncy seats don't really last that long. Both my kids could roll out around 3-4 months. Molly is almost 8 months and still takes most morning naps in the swing. I say go for a swing.
Post a Comment