Friday, November 25, 2011

Henrietta "Henny" June Beck

We had Henny at 8:02 am on Friday, November 18th. She weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches with a 35 mm head. The doctors kept saying how big her head was but it doesn't seem big to me (maybe cause Ollie's is enormous??). Is this a big head, anyone know? She is 1 week old today and has been about as easy as a newborn really can be. She doesn't cry much and sleeps...ok. She sleeps all day long and struggles a bit at night, but not too bad considering that she is only a few days old.

My recovery (C section) has been great also. We actually went to the aquarium today, all 4 of us, and I felt fine for the most part. I never even had to take anything other than Ibuprofen. My doctor or body or the combination is good. Although I am ready to lose this belly and look like the old me again.

I would also like to thank our lovely neighbors and friends and family that have stocked our fridge fuller than it has ever been and who cleaned our house and watched Ollie and brought us food in the hospital and just came and said hi.

Here are a whole bunch of pics:

 Ollie's last night as an only child. Celebrated getting cheese pull-a-parts at The Pie.  Ollie ate almost 3 full pull-a-parts. He is eating tons these days and growing out of everything. As a side note, he seems so old ever since we brought Henny home. He keeps saying "No baby" and wanting us to put her down though. But he has also had a few really cute moments with her where he just walks up to her and pets her saying "soft..."

Right after birth when my arms were still a bit numb and my brain too. 

Little Henny Penny in my arms in the hospital. 

Sucking away on her binky. 

Chilling peacefully in Dad's arms.  (Tracy took this pic, which is why it is such better quality than the others.)  

Lindsey and Henny the day we came home from the hospital. 

Henny with some extra chubby cheeks.  

 Maybe my fav pic of her so far. She just looks so cute and sweet and girly.  Sunny took this one while he was giving her a good cozy.

We finally got Ollie to wear this awesome hat we got for him. He was excited to be wearing a hat like Dad's. 

As another side note, when we were pregnant with Ollie I tried to convince Sunny to name him Henry because I wanted to use Olive for a girl. So instead of Henry and Olive, we have Oliver and Henrietta. I didn't even notice that until we were out of the hospital. I have never been 100% behind the name Oliver (just cause I liked Olive so much) but I am in love with Henny/Henrietta's name. I feel like it totally fits her and its Norweigan for Sunny's family Norway ties and more unique than the other names we were debating about. So anyway, go us for coming up with a name we liked. :)

8 comments:

Maile said...

I love love love her name. I am so jealous of it and how beautiful she is. Newborns aren't supposed to be that cute. Congrats and I hope the transition to 2 goes well!

Andrea J said...

I didn't know that about their names, that is very cool.

s@d said...

She's beautiful. Glad she made it safely here.

C C & R said...

She is so cute!

Alison said...

Congratulations! Henny is an adorable name. Best wishes to your family of four!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Glad you are both healthy and recovering well. =) Maybe we will meet her someday!

Ashlie Dalton said...

i absolutely love the last picture of henny. she is so very sweet and girly, and has such great cheeks.

BirdieMann said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and so is her name, good work on that. =)