Every year I watch everything that was nominated for anything and get really excited about the Oscars. This year because of Ollie I didn't see all of them, but did see quite a few. I am very happy that Hurt Locker won over Avatar and although I think it is a sad year for acting when Sandra Bullock gives the "best" performance...I did enjoy her speech. If Helen Mirren or Meryl Streep won again it wouldn't have been as exciting.
I also make my own Top Ten every year. Below are my favorite movies of the year. I'm not saying all of these movies should have won Best Picture, but they all did a great job in the vein they were in. Please share your thoughts or let me know if you think I forgot any movies. This figures in both quality of the film as well as just my enjoyment of the movie.
#1 Inglorious Basterds
#2 Adventureland
#5 Away We Go
#6 Fantastic Mr Fox
#7 Watchmen
#10 Crazy Heart
A Serious Man
District 9
Drag Me to Hell
Up in the Air










3 comments:
good think I've only heard of 2 of those. The only movies I saw at the theather last year were: Harry potter, G.I. Joe, and which ever twilight movie came out. maybe in 10 years I will see more movies in the theater
I saw Coraline and 500 Days of Summer. Loved the latter. She is a great actress and it was well written. I actually appreciated the non-fairytale ending- it was realistic.
I didn't see most of these movies.. but I LOVED Up in the air. I agree with Inglorious Bastards, great movie.
Post a Comment